Monday, September 05, 2005

Grateful

I am... GRATEFUL.

It is amazing how every single moment, event, & relationship in the journey is so entirely saturated with God's design - a reality best enjoyed by those who diligently surrender & dependently seek Him for even their very breath.

I am grateful for this ministry God has given me, grateful for His obvious work among these people, grateful for His preparation in them during the preceding years, & grateful for the spirit of the community present. I am grateful I get to participate in this community & watch God transform them as He has already been doing! I am grateful to see new hope & joy in their eyes that many of them have said has been missing for years.

I am grateful for the change in my own heart... how I have come to love my Fridays because that is my primary day for visitation. I am grateful for the elder saints & grateful for the young ones. I am grateful for the gentle & grateful for the rawness of our warriors. I am grateful for those who dance well & grateful for those who constantly step on toes from lack of skill, but remain good-hearted & well-intentioned.

Most of all, I am grateful that I am not the one responsible for creating innovative plans that will heal & grow this community. I am a child, prayerfully following the trail of crumbs my Lord leaves for me. His plans are miraculous; & I get to be one of those who finds them first!

In my flesh I am fearful; but in my spirit I am unafraid. In my flesh I despair; but in my spirit I rejoice. In my flesh I cannot see the line; but in my spirit the pieces are clearly coming together with great purpose & even speed. In my flesh I am anxious; but in my spirit... I am GRATEFUL!

"I will give You thanks in the great congregation;I will praise You among a mighty throng" (Ps 35:18).

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting" (Ps 118:1).

No comments: