Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Lord, light me up in tangerine!

Dear Lord,

I stopped at an intersection not too long ago, one i stop at frequently but never noticed what i did this time. There was a view that was unarguably painted by you. Across the train tracks and down the road several miles there is a mountain that you built who knows how long ago. And over the tip top of it, a layer of clouds with a tint of tangerine. I can't say that i haven't seen simliar sights or that at some points i haven't seen some that are far more fabulous, but this one in particular on this day was exactly the vision of you i needed to see.

Sometimes i feel so ordinary. In fact, most of the time i fear being ordinary. I'm average size, average height, average hair color, average physique, average, average, snoring, boring. I think if that mountain had a heart it could've related. but in the light that day, it was absolutely admirable!

You've made us all to be someone in particular, on purpose, with a passion. We've all heard it before. Each of us has a task in this life and a personality to go with it that would make us light up like that mountain, painting an image of you unlike any other.

Show me.

2 comments:

John Lynch said...

Awesome. And amen.

Al said...

Ivy-
Anyone who knows you knows that you're anything but ordinary! When I see you, I DO see tangerine! I see God's hope and joy in your smile.
I wish we lived closer so I could see that more often!
xoxo
Al