Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Unity, Passion, & Synergy

John 17:21... "that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us."

Psalm 133:1... "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity."

Acts 2:44-47... "And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common; and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need. Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people; and the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved."

Today, I had breakfast with a brother in the church where I serve. After an hour and a half, my passion fires - which were beginning to wane - were relit with force enough to move me toward this blog post, though I have much else to do today.

In reflecting on the fundamental necessity of passion in ministry & life, it strikes me that there is a connection between certain relational connections (unity) & passion. There is some synergy in sharing witness to God's work & movement as others testify of their perspective & experience of that divine flow. Les didn't share with me any real information I wasn't already aware of... but he did give me a different perspective, and more importantly, the blessing of a different voice.

Harmony is sweet... diversity & unity together in cooperative synergy fueled by God's life & movement in His Spirit. Yes, Three Dog Night, one really is the lonliest number... & while two, if without unity, can be as bad as one... there still ain't no number like the number one.

Thank you Father for Les & that divine synergy of Spirit where two or three are gathered in Your name.

2 comments:

zack said...

John,

You hit it on the head - we are way to comfortable living most of our lives doing/being something less than God intended. When we do whatever it takes, pay whatever price to journey to that place God intended, we find what our soul longs for - passion. And that passion becomes an understandble language in which our world around us understands that we indeed are different - we are a part of God's Kingdom.

-Z

John Lynch said...

"passion becomes an understandable language" ... I really like that brother. I believe I'll have to think more about that phrase, especially since you've touched on something powerful to me - the profundit of SHARED or at least CO-COMPREHENDED passion.

Thanks bro!