Monday, November 21, 2005

My Wife... My Partner

This last weekend I was bach'n it at home while my wife was visiting friends out of town. A year ago, this would've meant a weekend of excessive junk-food, sports-TV, & chillin' with the boys. This time, however, my weekend of going to the movies with friends, celebrating a buddy's birthday, preparing for church, worshiping in the service, preaching, & driving around without my wife by my side felt really, really sad. I missed her like crazy!!! Not because she was gone so long or because I've become codependent... but because tons of life was happening all around me & she wasn't there to live it with me. That's team!

I love my wife for many reasons; but now more than ever I love her because she is my teammate! "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains blessing from the Lord" (Proverbs 18:22). AMEN!!!

3 comments:

Al said...

awww, shucks!
*smile*

Ordinary Radical said...

I can only hope to be half the husband (and man for that matter) that you are...and that is the thruth, not just lip service...and dont discount my praise, just accpet it, you are loved.

John Lynch said...

Wow... Thanks for your blessing & encouragement, Grant! Al & I continue to pray for you diligently as you grow & go with Christ!