Monday, December 12, 2005

The mystery and wonder of new life



Psalm 139:13-16 NLT
"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. "

The above picture is of the life God is knitting together in my womb- 11 weeks old. Never in my life have I been struck with this kind of awe and wonder at how God brings about life. It is humbling to think about how intricate he made our bodies, without much effort on our parent's part. Sure there is the responsibility of starting this process from a man and a woman, and the expectant mom eating right, but beyond that- it is GOD who does the creation, and we are mere spectators of this wonder! The kind of creator who can create life from nothing and make it into a human being who is created to be in relationship with this creator is wholly awe-inspiring!

My physical journey to this point has been one mostly full of physical discomfort, but also glimpses of utter joy in the midst of that. Imagine feeling like you have the flu for 5 weeks and that comes close to what it has been like. It is amazing how tired I feel, how upset my stomach is most of the time, and how I have some pretty crazy mood changes. This, however, is all part of the process and I know that the Lord knows how much I can endure. People tell me that the usual period of time for this to last is coming up at 12 weeks. We will see...

Isn't the mystery and wonder of new life evident in a similar way when someone is born again into new life in Christ? After all, it is all HIS doing, we just have theprivilegee of being involved in the process.

Thank you, Father, for humbling us enough to just simply kneel before you in complete awe and wonder of who you are and what you are capable of doing.

2 comments:

John Lynch said...

Wow, what a testimony! I'm praying for you Andrea... & praising the Lord for giving this new child such God-loving stewards! Thanks for sharing this! I am blessed today because of it!

Al said...

Wow andrea, Thanks for including us on this journey along with you. What a blessing it is to watch you and Graham take joy in what the Lord is teaching you two through this little one.