Saturday, December 30, 2006

Simple Explanation (1)

A lot of people have been asking me questions that are gimmes for Christ-oriented answers... which is cool! What's not cool is that I've discovered I'm not very good at simple answers. So here's my first shot at giving a simple answer to one these very cool questions ...

Why I'm giving up my career & moving to Arizona:
"I've found that as people seek & get to know Jesus, they get changed in the process. Part of how He's changed me is by giving me a desire to help people. So now, I want to help people in Arizona - especially to know Jesus so they can experience His awesome changes as well!"

4 comments:

Missional Jerry said...

very true

o2thoughtful said...

My wife and I packed up, left England and moved back to Scotland last year. We thought this was our plan to free up some time but have been amazed at how God has used it to teach us and get us involved in His local church. Totally agree that change is sometimes necessary. Hope it works out well, in all senses.

o2thoughtful said...

oops, sorry I forgot to say Happy New Year to y'all!

Makeesha said...

cool John. we experienced those types of opportunities when we moved from our 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom TINY apartment. Most people I think assumed we couldn't afford the house and so they were kind enough not to ask. We actually could afford the house but not without sacrificing giving of ourselves and resources into the mission God called us to. I found it was a bit tough to answer that question when asked of non church going folk.