Thursday, March 01, 2007

Book:The Connecting Church

Okay, it's more of a recent "re-read". I've read this one before, but from the eyes I have now, I found Randy's insight into American culture and church life even more powerful.

Besides the profound insight of Randy Frazee's own thinking on the subject, the book is filled with poignant citations from authoritative sources that all point toward our overwhelming lack of and need for authentic community. He walks through the problem of hyper-individualism in American and Christian culture, goes on to explore what authentic community is made of (various categories of commonality) while integrating a number of methodological suggestions.

Despite its institutional methodological assumptions, I continue to find this book increasingly helpful in catalyzing my creativity and willingness to embrace a dramitcally more communal style of living and ministering.
.

No comments: