Friday, March 16, 2007

personalities?

I'm very curious about you all's personality types and tendencies. In reading through my MB personality profile again today, I realized how much of it lends itself to the sort of ministry profile I tend to manifest.

I'm an INTJ mastermind rational.

Read about INTJ here
and mastermind rational here

The INTJ explanation is EXACTLY ME it's almost creepy. One of the sections of the mastermind rational that struck me in terms of missional "ministry" was this:

Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.
This is very true of me and how I approach ministry - specifically in regard to systems and methods.

3 comments:

Bob Carder said...

I wonder what I am besides a High "D" pain in the butt?

John Lynch said...

Hey Mak -

I'm the same as you... INTJ with gifts of Leadership, Exhortation, & Discernment.

Weird, huh?

John Lynch said...

BTW - Reba B. has a post on this as well here.