Monday, June 11, 2007

Jim Wallis' Encouraging Words

“As I crisscross the country, I can feel a new momentum and movement. . . The monologue of the religious right is finally over, and a fresh dialogue has begun . . . a new generation of young people is hungry for an agenda worthy of its commitment, its energy, and its gifts. . . A new generation of believers is waking up and catching on fire with the gospel again. . . God is again doing something new.”

~ Jim Wallis, editor of Sojourners, in his foreword to Shane Claiborne’s book, The Irresistible Revolution.
.

4 comments:

lefty said...

i love your question in the sidebar about professional ministers.

right on.

Duncan McFadzean said...

John, this is an absolutely brilliant book. There's a few of us over in Edinburgh that have read it over the last year and it pretty much turned our thinking inside out. Changed a lot of my thinking, hope you get as much out of it.

John Lynch said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Lefty!

Duncan, this book did just that for me. Inside out and upside down. It helps me imagine what the future might look like for us in ways that move and shape our hearts! Brilliant and scandalous in the most God-honoring way.

So excited for what God's doing over there, dude! I'd love to visit in a few years, man. Let's stay in touch, brother.

Life and peace.

Duncan McFadzean said...

John, just give me a shout when ever you want to come over - we have spare rooms! I love your blog, it's an encouragement to me. So even though you're over there, you're having an influence over here too!