Sunday, December 09, 2007

Giving Opportunity / Friend in Need

The following is an email I received from a good friend with a stunning heart for God and His mission among people. She needs some financial support to finish her year-long trip. As someone who knows her, her story, and what she's doing this year; I strongly encourage folks to help her out. Thanks!


Sent: Friday, December 7, 2007 2:24:29 AM
Subject: Colleen needs your prayers and support

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the mass e-mail....but it's kind of a desperate e-mail. I am desperate for prayer and financial support. I found out last night that I basically need a miracle in order not to be sent home at the end of the month from the World Race. They allowed me to come on the world race without enough money hoping that it would come in the first few months. They informed me that if I don't raise $2,000 by the next 2 weeks, they will need to make plans for me to fly home in three weeks and not go on to China. Basically, I need to raise a total of $13,000, and I have about $6,500 raised. I may run into this issue several more times in the next months, but I am hoping for a financial miracle. I know this is where I am supposed to be. God is turning my life upside down and has given me such assurance and peace about my life and what I am doing...I can't imagine going home right now. Please pray for me, and if you want to join in on our fast, we are going to be fasting December 13th.

If you want to give financially, my website is: www.colleenfoley.theworldrace.org or you can mail a check to:
Adventures in Missions
P.O. 534470
Atlanta, GA 30353-4470

Thank you for your love and prayers....I am really struggling with anxiety reguarding this, so please pray that the Lord will calm my heart.

Love in Him,
Colleen
.

1 comment:

John Lynch said...

In what is clearly a praiseworthy answer to the prayers of many, Colleen has received a substantial portion of her remaining necessary support for this one-year missional experience around the world. She's full of praise and continues to discover Christ more as she shares His person and love with the outcast and marginalized. Read her latest blog posts at http://colleenfoley.theworldrace.org/index.asp?filename=at-a-loss-for-words