Sunday, January 13, 2008

Rest ... for the Soul

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts ..." (Ps 42)

.......
It waits ...
.............. It wants ...
"Blessed are those ...
who hunger and thirst for - r i g h t e o u s n e s s
for they will be satisfied" (Mt 5).

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want (i.e. for something else) ...
... In green pastures, by quiet waters, He restores my soul" (Ps 23).

"Come to Me all who are weary and heavy-laden
and I will give you rest ...

... Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me
for I am gentle and humble in heart
and you will find rest for your souls" (Mt 11).

"He guides me in the paths of righteousness ...
... for His name's sake" (Ps 23).
"Abba... I long for You ... for Your rest.
In the midst of this stormy season, give me Your peace.
Let me not want for anything other than You.
Quench my thirst and revive me in Your word.
Your are my life, my very breath.
What is one day with You? I cannot bear it."
"Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly appetites which wage war against the soul."

John 16:33 ... "These things I have spoken to you so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation but be encouraged for I overcame the world."

No comments: