Sunday, April 20, 2008

For Phoenix

Abba, for You my soul was created;
My heart earnestly loves You.
You are sweeter to me than the breeze;
I have loved You from my youth, and evermore today.

Therefore, hear my prayer to redeem this city;
Stretch out Your life to the lifeless.
Listen to my cry for Your reconciliation in Phoenix;
Do not withhold Your salvation!

For we are perishing before You.
We are dying without You.
We are failing in despair and distraction
Wrought in this desert, broken and far from You.

We are wealthy and blind to Your suffering.
We are powerful and blind to our nakedness.
We are rebellious and blind to Your kingdom.
We are proud and blind to our futility.

We have sinned greatly against You Lord.
In Your lovingkindness, humble our hearts.
We have turned our fattened eyes toward our own vanity;
In Your mercy, incline us toward repentance.

O God, break forth in this city as living water;
You alone can heal hearts!
Awaken Your forgotten ways among us;
And flood this place with Your glory!

For I suffer without Your hand among us.
Awake, O city, and cry out your desperate prayer!
How long, God of my redemption?
Arise, people, put on your ashes and cry out!

Christ with us, Christ before us, Christ behind us,
Christ in us, Christ beneath us, Christ above us,
Christ on our right, Christ on our left,
Christ when we lie down, Christ when we rise up,

Christ in the hearts of all who think of us,
Christ in the mouths of all who speak of us,
Christ in the eye that sees us,
Christ in the ear that hears us.

Christ our Life,
The All in All!
.

No comments: