Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Late Morning Prayer

Abba, I long to know your kingdom...

...You have sowed the seeds of it in my heart. We were created for you, for life in your realm. The kingdom of God is imprinted on our souls and on the essence of every created thing.
Romans 8:19-23 ... "For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. "
Even all creation longs for your kingdom, O God. How can you delay?

We suffer, and mourn, and grieve, and fast... increasingly...
... and some of us die, and die, and die until we are dead. Have mercy on us, Lord.

Abba, my own longing is a whisper and a shadow of a reflection of your longing. Make me to want like you want. Be more than my Shepherd and make me more than your sheep.
John 15:15 ... "No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you."
If we are indeed more than slaves, more than servants, even friends, then bring us in to share your heart, Lord.
John 17:21-26 ... That they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."
Make us one, Abba... with you, with each other. We have your Spirit, your Spirit who feels with you, longs with you, knows as you know, sees as you see, loves as you love, grieves as you grieve, and hopes as you hope. You, Spirit of God, are inside me, joined with my own human spirit as one new creation. Open my heart to receive all that you want to give... your own living experience of all things. And fill me with the ability to receive it and handle it well - unto life.

O God, change me, grow me, transform me, breathe into me and through me. I need more of you, Lord! Connect me, as a branch, more deeply to you, Jesus! Help me connect more deeply! Help me know how, make me strong and motivated, give me the will and the wanting to take me there.

Oh, that you had a tabernacle here, Lord. I would stand in it's gate all day. But now, I am your tabernacle. Your Spirit is in my body. How then do I stand at this gate, undefiled?
Psalm 25 ... "Make me know your ways O Lord. Teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me. For you are the God of my salvation. For you I wait all the day. . . Good and upright is the Lord, therefore he instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in justice. He teaches the humble his way. All the ways of the Lord are lovingkindness and truth to those who keep his covenants and his testimonies. For your name's sake, O Lord, pardon my iniquity, for it is great. Who is the one who fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way he should choose. His soul will abide in prosperity and his descendents will inherit the land. The secret of the Lord is for those who fear him. He will make them know his covenant. My eyes are continually toward the Lord, for he will pluck my feet out of the net."
O Lord, please speak to me today. Please speak, Lord. Your servant is listening...

No comments: